E-Readers are the way of the future
10 things I love about e-books
- They don’t gather dust.
- You can buy a new one and your better half doesn’t groan…where will you put that.
- A new kindle is easier to hide than 800 books.
- The pile on the bedside table won’t collapse on me while I sleep.
- Toddlers and children can’t rip the pages.
- Friends and family can’t snaffle a book out of my TBR pile.
- You can’t loan them and then forget who the heck borrowed that book.
- It’s guilt free reading… you know a tree wasn’t sacrificed in it’s making.
- You can read a dirty yarn without Aunt Mabel giving you the evil look.
- The choice is amazing now editors don’t have a stranglehold on the publisher’s door.
When I posted this on my Facebook page my friends went wild… and added a few more things they like about ebooks.
- You never lose your place
- You automatically sync between readers. It doesn’t matter if you are on your iPad, your PC or your kindle you never lose your book or your place.
- Time in a waiting room at the doctor’s or dentist’s is now a luxury and not a penance.
Yes e-readers are here to stay… the next generation is raised to gain all knowledge from electronic devices… the older generation clings to paper books because that was how they gained their knowledge.
For the conservationists… e-books are saving our planet, one tree at a time.
Published on Tuesday, April 23rd, 2013, under Latest News